Thursday, June 30, 2011

Going Home - June 29

Like this Roadside Hawk -- we are taking off today!

Yesterday we took a bus over the Andes from Papallacta.  What spectacular scenery!  Quito was bustling with people enjoying the sunny day.  Our last taste of nature was a walk around La Carolina Park.  The goal was to see the orchids in the botanical gardens -- but unfortunately -- the orchid display was being renovated.  I am sad to leave this beautiful country.  We already have a list of places we want to see the next time we visit!

This trip was a great success any way you count it.
  • I saw 47 species of hummingbirds
  • I saw 340 species of birds in Ecuador
  • I improved my birding skills immensely
  • I learned a lot about the ecology of tropical hummingbirds and other species
  • Both Cloyce and I had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment